Q: How often should I change the rear differential fluid on a 2016 Acura RDX?

It was recommended that I change it at the dealership. Is this normal at 16000 miles? My car drives very well.

Hi there. The fluid should be changed about every 15,000 to 20,000 miles to remove all contanimates and metal from the gears as they wear. I recommend having your differential serviced and use the OEM specified lubrication to maximize the life of the differential. If you need further assistance with changing the differential oil, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How often should I change the rear differential fluid on a 2016 Acura RDX?