Q: When reducing speed and then trying to accelerate again car seems to struggle (rpm start going up) but the mph don't

My 07 maxima happens to struggle when I reduce speed and then try to accelerate back to a higher speed. Had it diagnosed and was told to replace TCM, did so and the car is still having the same issue. Seems to only do it when reducing to around 20-40 and then when trying to accelerate again. On Highway and going at higher speed the problem doesn't persist so I don't believe it's a transmission problem. it'll change gears properly, perhaps an electrical problem? Thank you

Hello. I would usually start by scanning the computer for codes. This would tell me if the computer is seeing anything out of the ordinary. If there are no codes, then I monitor the output of the sensors as the air flow meter can cause this. If everything is reading right, then it is likely a transmission issue. The CVT will act like this some of the time and work improperly other times. This is very common on this car. Changing the fluid will help some of the time, but not too often. If you need to have this scoped out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the loss of power and have this addressed appropriately.

• When reducing speed and then trying to accelerate again car seems to struggle (rpm start going up) but the mph don't