Q: clutch not working correctly

i replaced the slave cylinder/throw out bearing combo, after a problem of having to pump the clutch pedal several times to build pressure enough to ingage trans. then the pedal went into a "frozen" state where it would not press in. after looking under dash (no malfunctions) i looked under truck at trans to find the hydraulic clutch quick connect was disconnected. i opened the bleeder and clicked it back in place, and closed bleeder when fluid came out. truck ran good for a day and when i went to start it the next morning the same problem occured. i'm thinking that the master cylinder is pushing fluid into the slave but not letting it come back to the master reseviour, causing the fitting to pop out? am going to change it this weekend and see if that solves the problem. any advice or any other things that could be causing this condition would be greatly appreciated. this is my daily driver, also the clutch plate and pressure plate looked to be in good shape when i changed the slave out

Hello there, many common faults will cause issues with the clutch on your 1998 Chevrolet S10. If the clutch line is continually disconnecting there are a few common faults. The most likely is a failing slave cylinder, air in the clutch system, faulty hydraulic line, failing master cylinder, kinked line, or a mechanical clutch issue. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your clutch issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issues.