Q: My 2009 chrysler sebring has the ETC light flashing when in motion.

asked by on December 22, 2017

My 2009 Chrysler sebring touring has the ETC light flashing when in motion. The car will not go past 20mph and the RPM goes up and down when in park. What could the potential causes for this be?

Hi Juan. The ETC light is an indication of a fault with the Electronic Throttle Control. This system is responsible for relaying your physical input when applying pressure to the throttle pedal and sending this data to the throttle body. There are several components that comprise this system, which means that it’s critical to have the root issue correctly diagnosed before any repair attempts can be suggested or completed. The best way to begin this process - and most affordable way, is to have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection.