Q: Can you cover up that a car that has a cylinder 3 misfire?

when I purchase the car there were no problems. The car started to cut off or it would shake a little then shut off. The next thing that happen it would lose power while I was driving it. The engine light was not on and it has never came on. Can you cover up this type of problem. I now fell that I was sold a lemon. It shows a 3 cylinder misfire. I want to if this is something you can hide? I have had the car a month.

A: Hello and thank you for your question. You ...

Hello and thank you for your question. You cannot cover up a misfire. Check the spark plug wires and check the spark plugs. Also, check the fuel injector to the cylinder that is misfiring and see if the injector is working.

When removing the harness to the injector with the engine running and the engine has no change, then the injector may have stopped working. To check that injector, switch it with another injector and see if the misfire is detected on another cylinder. If so, then replace the injector.

Also, check the MAF (Mass Airflow) sensor for if it is damaged or dirty.

If you need further diagnosis of your misfire condition, then seek out a professional, preferably a YourMechanic professional to help you with your vehicle.