Q: Q: Car is vibrating at high speeds

My car has just recently started to vibrate once I go over high speeds. Mostly around speeds over 60 mph. The vibration is worse in my seat and pedal. Its not so much on the steering wheel. I drive back and forth on the interstate every day going to and from work so I drive over 60 mph every day. The car has always driven smooth until now. I took my car to Walmart yesterday to have them look at the tires. The man said that my back left tire had high and lows and I needed a new one but the others were fine. So they put on a new tire and balanced the tires as well. I asked if I needed an alignment and he said no because the tread wasn't uneven. Unfortunately that only helped the car a little but it is still heavily vibrating once I get over a certain speed. What could it be?

Hello. Thanks for writing in. Poorly maintained tires are the number one reason for vibration over 60MPH. Having them checked was a great idea. Another quick step is to make sure they are all properly inflated at the correct pressure. Each tire differs a little, so check the side wall of the tire for more information. Brakes can also cause a vibration. If the vehicle’s brakes are stuck partially engaged, they will cause extra resistance that will be noticeable at higher speeds. This often comes in the from of a vibration or noise. A brake issue like this would need to be inspected further to determine what is causing it to stick. Double check the tires and then look to the brake system next.

3. Q: Car is vibrating at high speeds