Q: Heater blows cold air

asked by on October 09, 2016

No heater blows out cold air

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. If your heater is not blowing warm air, the first thing I would recommend checking your coolant level. The engine coolant heats up as the engine heats up. When this happens and the heat is turned on, the hot coolant will pass through the heater core. Next, the blower motor blows air past the heater core to create heat. It is likely that the cooling system has a leak. For this I would recommend having a cooling system pressure test performed by a qualified professional to determine the leak source. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.