Q: My tire monitoring system service light is on

Indicating low tire pressure however pressure is fine panel says it needs service can you do this

Hi there. One of the most common components to fail on your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the inner low tire pressure, which is attached to each wheel on the vehicle. Low tire pressure is determined in two ways: monitoring indirect tire pressure and direct tire pressure. The indirect method measures wheel revolutions and ensures that they are equal on all four tires and wheels. The direct method monitors the inner air pressure inside each tire. The indicator light takes data from both sensors and illuminates the light when a problem is discovered in either of them.

The problem with your vehicle may be due to a faulty sensor, such as when the inner or indirect sensors being damaged, which will usually illuminate the TPMS light. Your best bet is to contact a local certified mechanic who can inspect error codes related to your warning light and determine which of your sensors are faulty and need to be replaced.

3. My tire monitoring system service light is on