Q: Car won't start easily in the mornings. I have to wait 30 seconds then it will start.

In the morning I start my car then it cuts off.when I try to restart it it just turns over. I can wait 30 seconds or so and it will restart. It rough idles at first but when I give it gas it runs fine all day no missing or anything. It does this every morning. I have replaced plugs , cam shaft sensor, intake hose all filters still have same issuers

A: Does the vehicle restart if you turn it off...

Does the vehicle restart if you turn it off after it warms up? You should start by testing your fuel pump.

Before starting the vehicle in the morning, turn the key to the on position two or three times. Turn the key, wait 5 seconds, and then do it again. This is essentially priming the pump. When doing this, listen very carefully (or have someone turn the key while you listen at the gas tank) for the sound of the pump priming. It will sound like a faint "whirling" sound.

If the vehicle starts the first time, you will want to replace the fuel pump module. Anytime you replace the fuel pump, you need to change the fuel filter as well. The fuel filter, if clogged, will also restrict the flow of fuel and cause issues. The new pump should not be restricted by a used filter.

If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your hard starting symptoms and help you make an accurate repair.