Q: Car won't start, no power, doesn't even crank engine.

asked by on February 03, 2017

On Wednesday evening, I was able to unlock my car using the power locks. When I went to turn on the car, all power died from the car and nothing would happen when I turned the key. I wiggled the steering wheel and tried to put the car in neutral using the shift lock release and the power came back on and I was able to start it. Today, even putting in neutral after using the shift lock release, the car still has no power and will not start. I do not think it's a battery issue, but now my car is stuck on the third floor the parking garage in my apartment building and I have no idea how to at least get it to turn on to take to a mechanic.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. When it comes to the vehicle not starting, and not having electrical power, always start by checking the battery. In your situation you can go remove the battery from the vehicle, and take it to have it tested. If it is bad, simply replace it and drive the care home. During this process make sure the battery cables, ground connection, and connection to the starter are all clean, dry, and tight. If the battery is not bad, then you may have an ignition cylinder issue. This may come in the form of a connection issue, or some kind of other mechanical failure. There may also be a problem with the starter. Only further testing will tell. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department and they may be able to help you where the vehicle sits now.