Q: Lights don't go out when I lock the car

asked by on May 12, 2016

My lights won't go out when I turn off my car and even after locking the doors. This includes the front, rear, break lights - all of the exterior car's lights. Can you tell me what's causing this?

The lights and other accessories are controlled by the body control module. If the module does not turn off the power to these systems, then it may be the problem. You will need to have the system tested using the factory scanner to diagnose the problem. Most, if not all, generic scanners cannot access the body control module on this vehicle and would require advanced scanner or dealer scanner to test it. If you need help with this issue, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to fix your light concern.