Q: My car overheats within 20 minutes of driving. A goo jelly like substance is overpouring from the radiator. The top is cracked.

asked by on July 30, 2016

My car is overheating, with goo jelly like substance overpouring. The radiator top is cracked. What should I do to fix this? Drain completely and start over?

Radiator Replacement $299.84 - $1239.51 Get a Quote
Radiator Flush $178.82 - $224.54 Get a Quote
Cooling System Flush $178.82 - $224.54 Get a Quote

It sounds like you have been using the wrong coolant for your engine or the transmission cooler is leaking transmission fluid into the coolant. Either way you need to replace the cracked radiator and flush out the system with clean water and coolant flush after you put in the radiator and thermostat. Make sure to use only GM-approved coolant.