Q: Car will not start after belt came off

First my belt popped off then while getting it on my car wouldn't start I thought it was the battery so i charged it and installed it back into the vechile Back still nothing

Hello. We need to gather some more information before we can diagnose the starting issue. Was the vehicle running fine before the belt popped off? Did the belt go back on as tight as it was before? When you turn the key, does the starter attempt to turn over the engine? If so, the issue likely pertains to the reason your belt fell off in the first place. Engine function, including starting, depends on the belt(s) working properly. If the engine is not cranking, you may have a bad battery, starter, connection, wire, or ground. Luckily you can check all of the starting system with relative ease. If the engine is cranking, focus on the belts. If the engine is not cranking, focus on the starting system.

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo to not start after the belt came off. When the belt comes off, this indicates there is a problem in the drive belt system. The most common issues are a faulty belt, loose tensioner, seized idler pulley, or a stuck accessory. Without the drive belt the alternator will not charge the battery which in some cases can cause the battery to go dead. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your drive belt issues and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running normally again.