Q: My security light is on and my 2005 Chevy equinox will not start..what's going on

asked by on April 30, 2017

My security light is on. And the vehicle won't start.what's going on

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check to see if your battery voltage is low, that is below 12.6 volts. If the battery is discharged or faulty, the immobilizer system might set. If battery voltage is normal and you suspect the immobilizer system is on, to temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions. If you cannot override the immobilizer and still have a no start condition, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic can come right to your location and resolve this during a no start diagnostic. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.