Q: 2011 Nissan Sentra pulled to left we took it in shop they replaced left front bearing and aligned it.. 5 days later it still pull

2011 Nissan Sentra pulled to left we took it in shop they replaced left front bearing and aligned it.. 5 days later it still pulled. We took it back and they want to replace both struts and other front bearing. Are they telling truth?

A: Hi there. A pull to the left can be caused ...

Hi there. A pull to the left can be caused by a few different things: tires and bent/broken suspension components, brake calipers sticking, and/or wheel bearings. I would have to have to know a few things like was the bearing that was replaced truly faulty, were there any bent/broken suspension components, and if so, why wasn't this addressed during the repair?

Lastly, and most likely the cause of your pull to the left, was the tire pressure checked and set properly; were the front tires cross rotated to see if the pull changes direction? Cross rotating tires, after verifying proper tire inflation of all tires, can reveal what is called a "radial pull". This happens when a steel belt inside the rubber of the tire bends/shifts. If you cross rotate the front tires the pull should change direction and the tire that is pulling will need to be replaced as there is no repair for this. If the pull does not change then cross rotate the rear and move them to the front. In some rare instances I have seen a radial pull severe enough to cause a pull from the rear of the vehicle. YourMechanic has several technicians available to assist you with a vehicle pulling concern and tire rotation to determine the cause.