Q: 2006 Ford Taurus doesn't start at all

I have an O6 Taurus and when I turn the key on, nothing happens. I thought to narrow it down to the starter, since it was soaked in oil, so I replaced it. But it did the same thing. Also, I changed the starter relay as well.

A: On Fords, if nothing happens when you turn ...

On Fords, if nothing happens when you turn the key, that’s generally caused by two main things. Either the ignition switch has gone bad or your anti-theft system has gone bad. The ignition switch itself is just an electronic part that you can easily change yourself. You can get a new switch at a discount at an auto parts place. It’s not that hard to do, but you can have a technician replace the ignition switch for you if this is needed.

But, if it is the anti-theft system, you are going to need a mechanic. They’ll come and hook up their scan tool and see if it has a trouble code for the anti-theft system, because, if it is the anti-theft system, that’s going to trip codes. It will have a code for the anti-theft system to show the mechanic what area to check out and what area to fix. It often is the anti-theft on the systems like that, so you will want to have that checked out by a professional. If you would like to have this done, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s starting issue and make any repairs that are needed.