Q: The gas door to my 2010 jaguar xf won't open...I tried for several hours to open it...finally had to break latch to open to put f

asked by on August 13, 2017

Will jaguar dealer fix for free problem with gas door not opening? Manufacturers defect? Tried for hours to open gas door...finally had to break latch to open because I was in desperate need of gas. This is my only source of transportation.

Although there were recalls on your model year to repair fuel system leaks, due to defects, I see no indication of any known problem, issue, or defect with the fuel filler door itself. The database I used to check for any history of fuel door problems for your model year is the NHTSA database. With regard to the recall campaigns for the fuel system leaks, be sure to check that your vehicle was serviced and repaired by the dealer if the recall is applicable to your VIN number.

If you desire that the fuel filler door be inspected and repaired as needed, so that it is fully functioning, please book an appointment and the responding certified mechanic will get that problem resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr