Q: Engine overheats when I stop

I have a 2001 Honda Accord that overheats when I'm stopped. I think it’s the fans that aren’t working, but they only spin for a second when I turn the ignition. Any ideas?

If the fans failed completely, they would likely not turn on at all, even when the car is first started. The fans are controlled by coolant temperature sensors that monitor the coolant temperature, and if one of these temperature sensors failed, the fans may never receive a signal to turn on. Overheating is a serious concern, even if it’s only when you’re not moving. A qualified technician, such as one available from YourMechanic, will be able to quickly and accurately diagnose why your car is overheating.

3. Engine overheats when I stop