Q: Looking to upgrade header.

asked by on December 29, 2015

I think I might have water in the headers of my engine. I was thinking of changing my headers anyways, and possibly upgrading to a smaller cam and a better throttle body or positioner.

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Typically having water in the headers is not a good sign. If the vehicle is not driven much then condensation can build up in them from short periods of running the engine. If the vehicle is driven often and water is coming out of them then you may have a blown head gasket or intake manifold gasket problem. I would look into this prior to adding any aftermarket engine parts. The best procedure would be to have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, do a block test and a cooling system pressure test to see if they can find any internal coolant leaks.