Q: Q: Code P0340

Hello. I was driving my 06 sonata and then it would not let me accelerate and would no longer drive. I turned it off and back on the it worked. The error code said it was a camshaft sensor so I replaced it and the check engine light was gone. I drove it the next morning and once I hit 70mph the check engine light came back on. What else could it be?

The P0340 problem code references a camshaft position sensor malfunction. The ability to restart the engine suggests it is failing versus has failed. There was an issue with this engine with the cam chain tensioner - which also affects cam timing, and could set a P0340. The Technical Service Bulletin is # 219296, and involves replacing the tensioner. I would consult your Hyundai Service Manager to discuss whether this tensioner replacement has been done on your car, and the possible impact of that problem component.

3. Q: Code P0340