Q: Brake pedal pulses when pressed on a '93 Chevy 1500

asked by on April 13, 2016

I have a '93 Chevy 1500. When I press the brake pedal it pulses. Why? I've recently changed my drum brake but not the shoes. I only adjusted them.

Brake pedal is pulsating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Brake Drum Replacement $233.96 - $890.41 Get a Quote

If the brake pedal pulses, there are only two things that can do that. Either you need shoes because they are warped and new flat shoes don’t fit on the warped drums and they will pulse because they are warped or you have a problem in the ABS braking system.

If it didn’t pulse before you did the job, get new drums or have your old drums to turn and resurface. Nowadays, there are generally aftermarket drums that don’t cost much or just buy new ones. If you want to have this verified before making any replacements, a technician from YourMechanic can go to your home or office to diagnose your brake pulsation. They can also move forward with drum brake(s) replacement if needed.