Q: Brake pedal won't come back up once pushed down

asked by on February 08, 2018

Recently switched out the master cylinder, brake booster, shoes, and drums on 92 ford. The brakes work amazing now, only issue is when I brake, the pedal doesn't come back up. I have to pull it up with my feet. Could this be a brake adjustment issue, or ?

Brake pedal is lower than usual Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Do you have a Ford hydro-boost system? If so, faults in that system can cause no or poor pedal return; to resolve the issue with a hydro-boost type system, please refer to the detailed diagnostic decision tree in the factory service manual; it is too lengthy to reproduce here. If you have a vacuum operated system, the causes of no pedal return are incorrect or missing return springs (including in the master cylinder or booster assembly), binding pedal linkages (bushings, etc.) and possibly a maladjusted master cylinder to booster push rod. To have the cause pinpointed, you can request an on-site visit from a certified mechanic. The relevant service to request is a brake pedal height/return inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr