Q: Put my GMC into gear and when I give it gas it just wines and won't move.

Its a gmc 1500 4x4 5speed nv4500 manual transmission 5.7 motor I was pulling my car trailer one day and started up a hill and it just stopped pulling got it home and have taken it apart completely and put it back together have checked clutch pressure plate transfer case put it all back and still dose it it starts no problems it shifts smooth and fine goes into gear fine just when u put it into gear and go to give it gas it just starts wining and wont move a inch

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the clutch to see if it is slipping. When a clutch slips, the engine will continue to operate but the transmission will not drive under a load. If the clutch is new and the noise is still present, then there is an issue with the transmission internally and needs checked for damage. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission and clutch.