Q: Car won't crank like theirs no gas.

Car want crank like I don't have gas. I know I have gas dash even reads correctly. Thought it was bad gas so I bought some heet. Still won't crank. Do I have a bad fuel pump?

A: The car's ability to crank over does no...

The car's ability to crank over does not depend on whether or not it has gas in the tank. Since the dash lights light up, this suggests you have power so we can rule out the fact that there is no power supply. Often times, when the vehicle will not crank over the problem is related to lack of power supply to the starter which is usually a result of a faulty starter relay or a burnt fuse. This is a small relay that directs power to the starter when you turn the key (or push the button).

When this is faulty, often times you will hear just a clicking noise when trying to start the car. If you do hear this clicking sound, I would suggest testing the starter relay and checking the fuses in the fuse box under the hood for burnt fuses.

If you're unable to do this repair yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue and help you make the necessary repairs.