Q: Engine cut out at around 75% throttle.

asked by on September 11, 2016

My engine light came one a little over a month ago. Had it checked out and it was Bank 1 Sensor 1. Heater circuit malfunction. P0135 H02S11. Couldnt get the money to get a new one for about 3 weeks. Finally after changing it and the code went away. But about a week after. it feels like the engine cuts off fuel for about half a second whenever i give it a good amount of throttle.Thats when the engine light came on again and instantly took it to get the code read. Its still the same exact sensor and Heater circuit malfunction.It doesnt happen every time but it is very noticeable.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If you continue to get code P0135 even after you have replaced the sensor then you have a problem in the harness or problem in the ECM circuit. Check and follow the O2 sensor harness for the passenger side nearest the exhaust manifold. Look for any signs that the harness got contaminated with oil or coolant. Check for any cuts or shorting wires. If you used an aftermarket sensor then this could be the cause of all the problems since generic sensors are known to cause various drive problems and codes. If you need help having this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the stalling issue and make the appropriate repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr