Q: Transmission actualization (updated)

Have a nice day : I have knowing the transmission for these Cadillac, has five (5) actualizations allready so, just want to know wheter those updated go or belongs to a computer MODUL (softwere) or, other side, to a part as a phisical element in the body of the internal area of the transmission. Thank you for your time.

Hello - If i understand you correctly, you are asking where the 5 solenoids (you refer to them as "actualizations") for this transmission (4T60E) are located. These solenoids are mounted to the transmissions valve body, which is located inside an alloy housing on the side of the transmission (not "above" the pan as you might expect).

Access to the valve body does require draining the fluid from the transmission, and very careful access to the valve body, without introducing any grit, or other debris. This is a very sensitive area of the transmission, and needs to remain super-clean.

If you are at all hesitant with this task, check with a local, reputable transmission shop for this repair. If you’d like a second opinion on this, have one of our mobile technicians come to your location and inspect your vehicle firsthand. Best of luck.