Q: Seat Ibiza 2013: Do they have any transmission frequent issues I should worry about?

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Seat Ibiza 2013 1.6L . A friend of mine warned me that their double clutch gearbox can get problematic. Can you give me any insights or advice to consider before making a decision to buy this car?

A: Hi there: In general, the SEAT Ibiza is a ...

Hi there:

In general, the SEAT Ibiza is a fairly reliable vehicle. Although we don’t see a lot of them here in the United States, some of my overseas Spanish friends tell me that they are pretty efficient, however, it has been mentioned that their gearbox can be problematic. If you’re overseas, ask the owner for service records or ask if the vehicle is protected under a warranty before you purchase the vehicle.