Q: Reverse doesn't work? Could it be solenoid?

asked by on September 19, 2016

The reverse doesn't work any more (It worked last week after hitting the gas pretty hard). All forward gears work good, could it be the solenoid? If so where is that? Thanks

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. There is a reverse band that will lock the reverse drum to reverse the rotation of the output shaft. You will need to have the transmission tested to see if the band is being actuated first to see if it is control side or a bad band clutch material is worn off.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.