Q: If I change the battery on a 2008 Acura RDX will I need to do anything besides swap out battery?

Battery sounds like it's dieing when starting in cold weather want to by a new battery just curious if there is anything I need to do like will I have to reprogram car again. ? Or could it be easy as just swapping out the battery?

There is a lot of memory lost when you change the battery. The radio might need to be re-coded and the power windows and sun roof may not work correctly until you do a re-set. The car may also not drive the same until the system has time to do a "re-learn" where it decides what the shift points and other settings should be. This memory loss can be prevented with a little device you can buy at the auto parts store. It has a 9 volt battery connected to a power outlet connector. You can plug it into a live power outlet, and the 9 volt battery is enough to maintain the memories while the battery is out of the car. You do have to observe several precautions. One, make sure everything is turned off and the key is out for about 20 minutes before disconnecting the battery. Two, make sure the battery cables do not touch or do not touch any other metal surface. Then it should go smoothly. If you’d rather not go through the hassle, you can contact Your Mechanic to get a battery replacement conveniently done at your home or office.

3. If I change the battery on a 2008 Acura RDX will I need to do anything besides swap out battery?