Q: Car randomly dies

Hello, so my car would randomly die while I'm driving it, not matter how fast or how slow I'm going. It would stall/jump, the wheel would become hard, and the gas pedal won't cause the car to accelerate. I would have to steer the car to the side, park it, and try to start again. The car would then crank a lot but not turn over. I then would have to wait a few minutes before the car can start again. Then once it starts the Check Engine Light comes on. This problem occurs everyday. I don't know what the problem is. I've replaced the battery and that's not it. I've been told that it could be the crankshaft position sensor, the starter, or the alternator? What do you suppose it could be? Thanks! - Brad.

A: If the Check Engine Light comes on, fault c...

If the Check Engine Light comes on, fault codes should be stored in the engine control unit, or powertrain control module. While not specific to your year and engine, Chrysler has had a number of vehicles in the last several years displaying the same symptoms as your vehicle which were being caused by a faulty powertrain control module. You should have the car checked as soon as possible in order to diagnose and repair this stalling issue.