Q: There's a whining sound coming from the front of the car - 2012 Chevrolet Cruze

whining sound from front of car, shaft has been changed, hub changed, transmission oil changed. how much oil goes into transmission?

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many different things that can cause a whining sound in the front of the vehicle, but the most common is a non-lubricated bearing inside an alternator.

If the noise occurs only when the vehicle is moving, then there could be a problem with the transmission clutch pack inside the transmission not applying or not releasing correctly. The amount of oil that is to be used in your transmission is 4.2 quarts for fluid change and 6.0 quarts if flushing the transmission out with heat exchanger as well.

If you need assistance with the whining noise or the transmission, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the whining sound and assist with repairs.

3. There's a whining sound coming from the front of the car - 2012 Chevrolet Cruze