Q: Q: Car won't go over 35 mph

My car works great until suddenly it won't reach speeds above 35 miles per hour. The Check Engine light is also on.

Computer controlled engines can put the car into a “limp” mode when certain codes are set. This is usually to prevent further damage. It’s hard to say what the problem is without knowing what code is set. If the engine seems to be running ok, is the transmission shifting? If not, then this can result in a different variety of problems. I recommend having a mechanic inspect your vehicle for its Check Engine Light issue and its accelerating problem to diagnose what is going on.

3. Q: Car won't go over 35 mph