Q: Q: Car shakes when braking

I have taken my car for the problem and nobody can tell me exactly what causes it to shake when my speed is above 40 and I brake

Hi there. This is a very common issue, and the culprit is usually warped front brake rotors. When you apply the brakes, the calipers squeeze the brake pads onto the warped rotors, causing vibration to be transmitted through the suspension and steering. This in turn causes the steering wheel and entire body of the car to shake. The problem is usually more prevalent at higher speeds. To remedy the situation, the front brake rotors and pads will need to be replaced. I recommend contacting a professional technician, such as the ones available through YourMechanic, to have your vibration thoroughly diagnosed, at which point they can recommend the appropriate repairs.

3. Q: Car shakes when braking