Q: Horn fuse keeps blowing

My truck horn isn't working. I took them out and wired them straight to the battery and they work. When I checked the fuse it was blown. I changed it 3 times but it keeps blowing almost as soon as I honk the horn, with no sound coming out. As far as I can tell there's no relay for the horn.

A: Without knowing the model, make, and year o...

Without knowing the model, make, and year of your car I cannot check to see if you have a relay or not. However, the horns require about 10 to 15 amps of power to operate on most vehicles and hooking the horn straight to the battery can give them over 200 amps.

If you disconnect both horns and put a good fuse in to check if the fuse blows with them disconnected, then you have another problem with the fuse blowing and not the horns. It's also possible that you may have another problem like a shorted harness in the steering column and the horn is the first shorted wire. Try the test, if you need help from there have a mechanic come and check the horn system for you.