Q: Truck won't start.

asked by on June 23, 2016

I was just driving and the truck died. I didn't know what happened. I have a full tank of gas. I did a spark test. I'm getting spark. Put a new fuel filter on. Did a fuel pressure check and it was sitting at 11 PSI. I put a small amount of gas in the throttle body and the truck started for a small amount of time. I know it's nothing like my timing or compressions. Transmission is brand new. Motor turns freely and has been kept up on its regular matinence. The motor just isn't getting the fuel it should? I have no idea what it could be. Possibly a bad fuel pump?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If you have spark and you have fuel pressure then the only thing left to test is the fuel injectors. You will need to have a fuel injector noid light to connect to the injector connectors to see if you are getting a signal from the engine control module.

If you are getting a signal but no spray from the injector, then test the resistance of the injectors. Depending on a throttle body or sequential injection system will require different action from here.

I recommend having a qualified mechanic diagnose the starting problem for you. Once this is done, an accurate repair can then be made.