Q: BMW 318i, car is shaking. Why?

Hi when I start my BMW 3 series 318i 2010 (automatic) the car shakes and the revs go up whilst in park mode. I get out of the car and the exhaust pipe is shaking. When I drive the car it stays stuck on the first gear for while until you hear a bang noise and the gear changes some times I have let go of the gas for it to go to the next gear. When I put the heating on or the AC the car sometimes starts to shake and the acceleration goes heavy too.

Hello, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a serious internal engine issue, something may have come disconnected, or you have bad gas. I usually check the computer for codes first. If the computer is seeing a problem then it will be stored in a code and that will give direction to the issue. If there is nothing there then a visual inspection of the engine must be done followed by a compression test. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. BMW 318i, car is shaking. Why?