Q: Why is my steering wheel hard to turn and my EPS light on in my 2004 Mazda RX-8

should i need to worry about getting new parts ? can you tell me whats wrong and how to fix it

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. This is a common issue on your vehicle. Most of the time this is caused by a problem with the steering angle sensor. The sensor stops reading properly which causes the steering to act like this. There are also common issues with the steering module either failing or losing programming. I usually start by scanning the module for any codes which would identify what the problem may be. If there are not any codes then I would try reprogramming the module to see if that takes care of it. If the problem persists then it may have an issue with the module itself. If you are planning on having your steering fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the steering is not working properly] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/steering-wheel-does-not-respond-properly-inspection

3. Why is my steering wheel hard to turn and my EPS light on in my 2004 Mazda RX-8