Q: Engine surging and has a loud noise in Sport mode.

asked by on December 31, 2016

Hello, I'm experiencing engine surging with my vehicle as well as a weird loud growling noise in Sport mode

1. I had posted my question on here and had it answered with the assumption it was the MAF sensor. I had cleaned that and still no luck. The sensor itself seems to be in good shape with no defects that I can see or debris. Just trying to figure out what would cause the engine surging other than the MAF. I'm feeling a vibration everytime the RPM dips up and down when the engine is cold or warm. I noticed when I give the car a good amount of throttle when entering a highway, the vehicle feels like it is bucking or jerking back and forth while the RPM is slowly climbing up.

2. When I throw the vehicle into "S" Mode or Sport Mode, I hear a loud growling type of sound right before it changes gear but before it reaches the RPM that it is suppose to change gear, the sound is not there. In D mode, I do not hear that noise at all.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the idle air control valve (IAC) and see if its working. The IAC controls the engines idle and operation. If the engine is surging, then there is a good posability that the IAC valve may not be working properly. If you need further assistance with your engine surging, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.