Q: Bad alternator keeping car from starting

My car won't start. I am thinking it is the alternator because I paid someone to jumpstart my car and check the battery. When I turned the car off, the car wouldn't start again.

Generally, when the alternator is not charging, the Battery Light will come on in the instrument cluster. The battery could also be the issue, a battery load test would be able to determine if the battery is good. The charging system should be load tested as well to ensure the alternator is responding and keeping the charging system voltage up to specification under load. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to test the charging system and replace the alternator if it is found to be the problem.