Q: How do I use the child-protection door lock?

How do I use the child-protection door lock?

The child-protection system is a safety precaution that keeps children from being able to open the rear doors of your vehicle from the inside. To activate the child-protection lock, open both rear doors. The child-protection locks are on the side of these doors, next to the door latch. There will be a dial for the child-protection lock; use a screwdriver, coin, or spare key to rotate the dial, which engages the lock. Then the door will only be able to open from the outside, so that children cannot accidentally open the door while the vehicle is in motion.

Tip

After activating the child-protection door lock system, always test the door to make sure that the lock is working effectively.