Q: My 2002 saturn vue loses speed going up hill what could it be

My truck losses speed when going up hill what could I check for.

Hi Evanie. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Generally speaking, acceleration issues while climbing are typically caused by ignition system parts or fuel system components that are worn out or clogged with excessive carbon deposits. Essentially, the engine struggles to correctly mix the right ratio of fuel to air, or the inability to ignite the fuel efficiently. This could be due to dirty fuel injectors, mass air flow sensor, worn out spark plugs or other parts. Dirty transmission fluid can also cause this issue to occur. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site inspection, to determine what repairs should be completed.

3. My 2002 saturn vue loses speed going up hill what could it be