Q: Do I notify the seller/dealer if I am sending a mechanic for a pre-purchase insepection?

asked by on June 29, 2017

Do I notify the seller/dealer if I am sending a mechanic for a pre-purchase insepection?

In order to coordinate the inspection, that is make sure that the car will be available and it is understood by the seller/dealer that it will be inspected, yes, as a courtesy it’s a good idea to let the seller/dealer know that you have hired an inspector and also let them know of the date and time of the inspection. A pre-purchase vehicle inspection is a good idea as that will give you very specific information regarding any current problems that the car has. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.