Q: I was having radiator problems. I installed a new radiator and car ran hot while driving. Engine stopped running and turns over but will not start.

asked by on December 17, 2016

After installing a new radiator, the car ran hot, while driving and stopped running, before I could pull over, out of traffic. Now it turns over, but will not start (does not fire). What could this problem be? (and) How much would it cost to have YOUR MECHANIC come and check it out to identify the problem?

Hi there. The issue could be a sticking thermostat, a water pump failing, or a blown head gasket that could be causing the engine to overheat and make the engine not start up after it overheats.

Sent billing question to CS for cost on diagnosis and repair to the engine overheating after installing a new radiator.