Q: Hot air mixed with cold blows from air conditioning

When my car has been sitting in the sun and is hot, instead of cold air coming from the air conditioning, I get hot air mixed with the cold from the two side air conditioner registers. When this happens, I have to shut down the two registers and switch on the extra air blower in order to divert the cold air to the center registers. The a/c duct in the back seat has no problem and it produces cold air at all times. I live in a hot climate where we have hot weather year round and I want to bypass all the hot water that goes to the cabin. How can I do this?

Hey there. You will most likely have to have a mechanic bypass the heater coolant lines to have this resolved. Your A/C may not be controlling the air flow inside the evaporator correctly out of the vents and may be the blend door actuator stuck in the heat position. Have the AC system diagnosed first before bypassing the heater.

3. Hot air mixed with cold blows from air conditioning