Q: Car not shifting when running

My car starts, but will not shift into any gear. Once I turn it off though, it will shift into gear.

You have not stated whether this is a automatic or manual transmission. This information would make a big difference. If the car is a manual then the most likely cause is a clutch issue. If the car is a automatic then the most common issue is an electronic issue. A qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your transmission and perform any repairs required to get you back on the road.

3. Car not shifting when running