Q: My car stalls with weather under 40' or moist out.

It started a year ago. I went trough a car wash and suddenly, the car stalled. I did not know until I tried to accelerate away from the exit, it was in N. It did not happen again until six months later where it stalled in the winter. From then on, it continued to stall when it was under 40 degrees. We took it to the dodge dealership out where I live and they replaced the PCM twice. After no success and dragging us around, I took the car to two other mechanic shops my family trusts and has good connections with. One told us he had no idea and the other replaced the crankshaft sensor. I have gathered as much data as I can get. The car has a cold air intake (Was put on after the problem began but we thought it was fixed), a catback exhaust with 3' mufflers but 2.5' piping and a diablo trinity tuner. I have gotten three codes from my diablo. One was a Mass Air Flow Sensor, the other two are P0731 and the other is p2172. AIT replaced 3 times. New spark plugs and battery all 2016.

A: Hi there. There could be two things that a...

Hi there. There could be two things that are contributing to your issues with the vehicle that are playing a big roll in this. First check the manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP) on the engine. Check to see if the harness is free from moisture since the vehicle began stalling in a car wash. The sensor may have gotten wet and shorted out. The other thing is your transmission is probably slipping. Check the transmission oil to see if its milky or lighter than normal. If so, then the fill tube seal or the vent tube got water in them. Water in the transmission will cause the clutches to slip and burn. If you need further assistance with poor acceleration and strange electrical issues after a car wash, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.