Q: Car sounds like it's choking

My car starts easily but sounds like it is choking, almost like it doesn't have enough power to start. Stickshift sometimes sticks.

A choking sound is a common indicator of a engine not receiving enough fuel. In 2006 Cadillac’s the fuel pumps have been known to fail prematurely. I would suggest that a properly trained technician test the fuel system pressure and inspect the noise. If the fuel system pressure is below the manufacturers specification it is generally an indicator of a bad fuel pump.

As far as the shifter concern, there is a recall set by Cadillac which addresses this issue. The shifter assembly was deemed as defective by Cadillac and will have to be replaced. The recall requires the dealership to replace this part free of charge at least one time if a customer complains of this issue.