Q: Semi-soft brakes - 2009 Mercury Milan

I have changed the brakes not to long ago. About 2 or 3 months later I noticed the TCS light started turning on and the brakes were soft. When pressing on the pedal It brakes slightly then I have to continue to press down most of the way to feel the brakes working. I have tried to bleed the brake calipers and topped off the fluid but no difference.

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2009 Mercury Milan to have soft brakes. The most common causes of soft brakes are air in the brake fluid, master cylinder failure, brake fluid leaks, or a faulty brake booster check valve. The TCS light when scanned will likely have a clue as to what is going on with your brakes. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your soft brakes and move forward with any repairs required.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籉air and transparent pricing