Replaced mass air flow sensor in Chevy Cruze and changed ...

Replaced mass air flow sensor in Chevy Cruze and changed air filter but car still staggers. Then code P0131 came up . Car giving mixed codes when the car didn’t have that code before rpalcing MAS. Mechanic's Assistant: Doe...

Replaced mass air flow sensor in Chevy Cruze and changed air filter but car still staggers. Then code P0131 came up . Car giving mixed codes when the car didn’t have that code before rpalcing MAS. Mechanic's Assistant: Does the [engine](/topics-engine-chevy/) stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration? Car still stays on at the moment . Has some jerking and hesitation while stopping Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy? 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? I have replaced the mass air sensor myself . Unplugged negative post while replacing and replaced air filter. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Last night check engine light came on with code P0131. Didn’t have that problem before

Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is\*\*\*\*\*’ve been a technician on Just Answer since 2007 and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your vehicle. I know how inconvenient car trouble is, but together, we will get your vehicle back up and running quickly. May I ask whom I am chatting with today?

My name is Lisa
Automotive Expert
HI Lisa, its nice to meet you. Did the car originally have a code for the maf sensor?

I replaced the sensor and air filter
Automotive Expert
Ok It's likely the new maf sensor has changed the fuel mixture which caused the O2 sensor code to pop up. It may need a new O2 sensor, I would try unplugging the maf sensor, then start the car and see if it runs any better. If it does, then the new sensor is likely bad. It happens all the time. If there isn't any change, then I would replace the upstream O2 sensor and clear the codes. A faulty front O2 sensor can cause the symptoms you have with the car.

Ok do I need to i plug both posts from the battery as well to try to rest the computer or just the negative?
Automotive Expert
You can disconnect both and touch them together for about 30 seconds to clear the codes. A code reader is a better method to clear them though.

Ok I don't have a code reader . So i touch both battery cables together?
Automotive Expert
Yes, disconnect at the battery, then touch them together this will discharge the ecm memory. Wherever you had that code checked should be able to clear the codes for you

Ok i will try it. Thank you
Automotive Expert
You're welcome, have a good day!

My positive doesn't have a cable
Automotive Expert
Then you can only take off the negative and for that to clear you'll likely need to have it off for 30 minutes or so.

Ok.
Automotive Expert
ok

Thank you
Automotive Expert
You're welcome