Q: What does it mean if there’s condensation inside my headlight lens?

What does it mean if there’s condensation inside my headlight lens?

While you’d think that your headlight lenses were sealed, that’s not the case. They have to be vented to accommodate pressure changes. Otherwise, pressure might build up in the lens and crack it. Because your headlight lenses are vented, some condensation inside is normal. However, if you notice any of the following, it is not normal:

• Large water droplets

• Water accumulation at the bottom of the lens

• Streaks from water running down the lens

Tips

If you notice any abnormal condensation in your headlights, have them inspected.

• What does it mean if there’s condensation inside my headlight lens?